Due to the vast amount of finances required, choosing the right roofing material for your property is a big responsibility that can affect the efficiency, aesthetic, and eventual resale value of your home. While there are many roofing options to choose from, tile roofing has become one of the most popular roofing materials because of its low maintenance, durability, and visual appeal.Common Styles of Tile Roofs
Tile roofing is available in many different styles including:
- Barrel tiles
- Spanish tiles
- French tiles
- Scandia tiles
- Riviera tiles
- Pantile roofs
- Double Roman tiles
- Flat shake tiles
If you are considering resurfacing your roof, you can’t go wrong with the value-adding qualities of tile. However, to make sure you get the best bang for your buck, here are some of the pros and cons of tile roofing.Pros of Tile Roofing
- Strong and durable – Traditionally made of clay, tile roofs are now made from concrete to add strength and longevity.
- Wind resistance – Tile roofing is highly resistant to winds of up to 180 miles per hour and is vital in saving you repair costs due to storms.
- Energy efficiency – Tile roofing is also helpful in keeping your home cool without having to incur heating and cooling expenses. Tiles come in a wide range of colors to help reflect the rays of the sun, thus keeping your house cool. Additionally, tile roofing has to have an underlay, which helps maintain the temperature inside your home.
- Weight – Tile roofing requires reinforcing your roof due to the heavy weight of tiles which can add to the cost of building.
- Fragility – Tile roofing is fragile since tiles can break when weight is exerted on them. You should contract a professional for maintenance to help avoid further loss.
- Replacement – Even though tiles can last for over 100 years, the underlay often requires replacement after 15 to 20 years. The process of replacing the underlay can be costly since the tiles have to be removed.
To help you make an informed decision on which way to go regarding the style of your roof, consult the roofing professionals at Batterbee Roofing. Our experts can inspect your roof to determine the best option for your home and budget.
If you are looking at adding tile to your roof, schedule your free consultation with Batterbee Roofing today by calling 352-748-6300.
Subscribe to Batterbee Roofing's Blog