If you are considering roof replacement for your home, you might be getting quotes from a few different professionals. Rather than going with the roofing contractor who offers the lowest rates or is willing to use a cheap roofing material choose one that focuses on the best quality.
A durable, long-lasting roofing system is well worth the investment. It can stand up to the weather and usually comes with a protective warranty to help you recoup any money needed for repairs or to fix poor workmanship.
If you are considering a new roof installation, you may want to take a closer look at these two brands to better determine which one is the right choice.
Owens Corning Roofing
First founded in 1935, this Ohio based company produces asphalt roofing systems and fiberglass insulation. Most people will readily recognize their mascot, the Pink Panther on all of their products. Owens Corning is one of the top roofing manufacturers in the country.
They are known for their Total Protection Roofing Systems which include three parts; a waterproof base layer, protective shingles, and ventilation to reduce moisture and heat build-up.
Some of the best features of Owens Corning shingles are:
- StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection with a 10-Year Warranty
- Transferable Limited Lifetime Warranties
- Wind Resistance Ratings of Up to 130 M.P.H.
- UL 2218-Class 4 Impact Resistance Ratings
- TruDefinition® Colors in Dozens of Vibrant Shades
First founded in 1904, CertainTeed has a long history as a producer of exterior and interior building products. They offer a selection of asphalt and metal roofing options for homeowners that are backed by long-lasting warranties.
Their Integrity Roof System® is a comprehensive product with underlayment, flashing, ventilation, and shingles chosen for each roofing project. Other unique features of CertainTeed shingles include:
- Transferable Warranties That Last up to a Lifetime
- 10-Year Streakfighter® Algae-Resistance Warranty
- Class A Fire-Resistance Rating
- 3D Shingles Made to Resemble Wood, Clay Tile, or Slate
- Asphalt Shingles Boast Dual-Layered Construction
- Class 4 Impact Resistance
- 130 M.P.H. Wind Ratings
- 16 CRRC-Rated Cool Roof Colors for Metal Shingles
No matter your personal aesthetic, you can find the perfect shingles for your home through Batterbee Roofing. We offer cost-saving, resilient, and attractive shingles from CertainTeed and Owens Corning. Give us a call or fill out our online form to find out more with a free consultation and cost estimate today.
Subscribe to Batterbee Roofing's Blog