For those looking for a way to funnel more natural light into their home, skylights have long been the go-to choice. Now, a new variation of the skylight – the solar tube – is offering more flexibility than ever. Solar tubes are more durable and impact resistant than other options, and require very little in the way of maintenance. Solar tubes also maximize the amount of light entering your home while minimizing the amount of heat intrusion and glare.
There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and which type is right for you will depend on your specific needs.
The benefits of Velux solar tubes include:
- Lowered energy expenses from natural, mood-improving daylight funneled nearly anywhere inside your home
- Less expensive installation costs for the same light output of traditional skylights — due to minimally-invasive nature of solar tubes
- Possible federal tax credits
- Minimal change in your home’s internal temperature by preserving the volume of insulation inside your attic
- Nearly maintenance-free one-piece design
Though they do not allow a direct view of the sky, solar tubes offer a way to get natural light into areas of your home that would otherwise be unable to be naturally lit due to skylight and home design limitations.
At Batterbee Roofing, our staff can have solar tubes installed in a matter of hours, as opposed to traditional skylights which can take days to install. When you partner with our company for your solar tube needs, you can count on our roofing employees to install your new light source on time and within your budget. Contact us today at 352-748-6300 to get started.